Awaken Your Spirit – “The Good Red Road”
Awaken Your Spirit
“The Good Red Road” is a term used by many different Native American tribals communities to represent one who is walking the road of balance, living right and following the rules of the Creator.
1. Search for yourself, by yourself. Do not allow others to make your path for you. It is your road, and yours alone. Others may walk it with you, but no one can walk it for you.
2. Treat the guests in your home with much consideration. Serve them the best food, give them the best bed and treat them with espect and honor.
3. Do not take what is not yours. Whether from a person, a community, the wilderness or from a culture. It was not earned nor given. It is not yours. You cannot enjoy what it not yours.
4. Respect all things that are placed upon this Earth.
5. Rise with the sun to pray. Pray alone. Pray often. The Great Spirit will listen, if only you speak.
6. Honor other people’s thoughts, wishes and words. Never interrupt another or mock or mimic them. Allow each person the right to a freedom of opinion. Respect that opinion.
7. Never speak of others in a bad way. The negative energy that you put out into the universe will multiply when it returns to you.
8. All persons make mistakes. No matter how small or how large the mistake is, it can still be forgiven.
9. Bad thoughts cause illness of the spirit, the mind and the body. Keep bad thoughts at bay. Practice optimism.
10. Nature is not FOR us, it is a PART of us. Treat all natural beings as a member of your family.
11. Children are the seeds of our future. Plant love in their hearts and water them with wisdom and life’s lessons. When they are grown, allow them find their own place.
12. Keep yourself balanced. Your Mental self, Spiritual Self, Emotional Self and Physical self all need to be strong, pure and healthy. Work out the body, to strengthen the mind. Grow rich in spirit to cure emotional ails.
13. Make conscious decisions as to who you will be and how you will react. Be responsible for your own actions.
14. Treat the elders as special gems – their wisdom will shine.
15. Be true to yourself first.